Sr. IT Auditor
HireTech Group has a client in Cleveland, OH looking for a Sr. IT Auditor.
The IT Auditor Senior is responsible for conducting and documenting IT audit projects and integrated business/IT audits.
· Conducts audit of Operating systems, database systems and application systems.
· Conducts audit of IT General Controls and Information Security.
· Conducts integrated audits.
· Conducts SOX IT General Controls and Application Control testing.
· Effectively execute test procedures with moderate oversight from your manager/supervisor.
· Performs an appropriate level of testing based on the scope and risk, without over- or under-auditing
· Prepares draft report of findings, final audit report and risk assessment.
· Produces work paper documentation that is clear and concise, provides adequate detail of work performed and conclusions reached, meets IAD and professional standards, and is sufficient to receive a pass from external reviewers, i.e. KPMG, FDIC. Review notes should not be excessive.
· Prepares reports from the Data Warehouse as necessary.
· Reviews and revises IT audit programs in conjunction with the area under review.
· Serves as Technical liaison for Internal Audit.
· Demonstrates good judgment in identifying appropriate times to check in with your manager/supervisor (e.g., identification of potential issues or obstacles that are impeding your ability to complete testing)
· Manages time (by keeping abreast of audit status and hours incurred) to meet established deadlines, milestones, and time budgets.
· Is responsive to client requests, and fosters positive working relationships with auditees and the audit team.
· Identifies control issues and findings timely, and ensures findings are based on relevant facts.
· Demonstrates ability to accurately classify control weaknesses.
· Documents control findings in observation forms timely using the standard format (issue, background, findings, cause, risk effect, recommendation).
· Shares IT process and business area knowledge with team members.
· Fosters a team environment, is inclusive and works well with others.
· May provide support, such as coaching, mentoring, training, etc. to help other team members.
· Works constructively with other functions or departments.
· Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
· Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or technology.
· CISA and/or CISSP, and/or CPA certification preferred.
· Three to six years IT audit experience in Financial Services Industry and/or Big 4 public Accounting; preferably community banking
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Familiarity with a heterogeneous environment, including mainframe, client server and PC platforms
· Knowledge of potential threats to data security (fraud and abuse, error and loss, natural or man-made disasters)
· Knowledge of the risks associated with the digital communication and information systems (on-line databases, intranet, internet, e-commerce, computing cloud, etc.)
· Cybersecurity knowledge is a plus
· Mobile Banking risk and control knowledge is a plus
· Broad knowledge of IT auditing, IT-related risks and controls, and implications of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
· Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate highly technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to work with all levels of staff and management
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines